Monday, August 15, 2011

Back To The Beginning

I am back to where I started....back at the DiCicco's house for the night watching/dozing off to Nick and Drew playing video games at their house while Mrs. Diane and I try and figure out what the point of the game is
You can't see the second TV in this pic but they are both zoned in....freaks

. My flight tomorrow leaves at 330 and gets into Bham at around 730!  
Today could not have gone any better, it was a great last couple of days at camp.
Last night my girls, Deerfield High, dominated their skit. Each team had to come up with a skit and perform it during lecture, I came up with the idea to do upside down man (watch video below) and then Ben and the girls had the idea to "stitch" one of the staff members and since Doody was their coach last year they picked him.  So we found a pie and tricked Doody into being in our skit. Just enjoy the video :) 




After that I finished all the camp finance and camp store inventory later the next day.
Right before the skit I was in charge of picking up the pizza so off  I go to Dominoes to find our boy John working, thank goodness I was on the phone with Nat the whole time so no conversation was made...(Julia I gave him your number instead :) )  when the pizza wasn't ready I walked to the gas station next door and found this....delicious!
.85 for this bad boy

After the skits, and cleaning up all the whip cream from the pie the staff goes around checking rooms and then just hangs out for a while....Gary, one of the guys on staff, falls asleep early and we decide to decorate his door
Don't Go To Sleep Early on the Last Night!
So after breakfast this morning we all head out to play the last star wars game of the summer.....needless to say it was AWESOME and it was in the pouring down rain so that made it ten times better. The team I played on was made up of some of the Deerfield girls and of course I look around and ALL of us have pearls on, LOVES IT!  So after the torrential down pour and lunch camp ends, campers pack up while Patty Dre and I count inventory, and clean up the camp store.  I packed up my room and realized I have way too much clothes and not enough space in my suitcase (2 suitcases) so after finding a third suitcase I'm all packed up and ready to go. I turn in the camp phone (I think the sky opened at this point) and say my final goodbyes to everyone that is still there.  We head back to Wethersfield and I of course order Village Pizza since I probably will never experience this amazing pizza ever again...unless I work next year :) 
Oh and Drew's dog Socrates is finally back so he came and hung out at camp with us for the past couple of days. He was sprayed by a skunk last night  but is the cutest dog even though he smells like skunk.


Socrates...prior to being skunked

So Cute!
This time tomorrow I will be in bham and I am so excited. I cannot believe this summer is almost over, it has been such an amazing and eye opening summer. I have gained so many awesome friendships out of this summer and it has been such a learning experience. I'm so glad I went out of my comfort zone and traveled across the US helping admin soccer camps with strangers that  turned into great friends and my family for the summer. SoccerPlus thank you so much for an amazing summer, it will never be forgotten.
found this on my phone....Bobby
Adrianne..this is for you, they had homemade whoopie pies at the dining hall today and it made me think of you :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment