Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Team One Family

I have a few days left until my internship is over :( It has been such a great experience and I can honestly call these people my summer family. They have been so welcoming and so awesome this summer and I'm sad it's coming to an end but excited to be home on Tuesday as well. From Friday to Monday is Team Camp which we call camp jolly good times because it's a bunch of high school teams training for preseason so its a much more relaxed and laid back camp.  I actually get to be Pink's assistant for the Deerfield's girls team, which has been awesome so far...they were joking at dinner that I fit right in with them because they all wear pearls just like me! At nights I get to jump in and scrimmage as well so that has been fun even though I'm a bit rusty.
My last registration of the summer went so smooth on Friday which was so exciting.  The morning of check out was of course hectic but there were no major problems so that was a success! Printing off evaluations were of course a problem (lady at Staples was sooo slow) but I got back in time for the SoccerPlus send off which I have missed this whole summer.
The past few days have been so much better than last week (or my last blog post where I apparently sounded like I was having a miserable time according to Pink and Mecchi...hahaha I tend to get a bit dramatic when blogging). We had our last session of star wars and last pressure training. No more printing off evals but on Friday  it was so sad saying goodbyes to everyone :( 
Julia: I have taken over Pizza Master and I have spoken on the phone with Pizza John the past two 
nights....barf
Bobby: I have listened to your voicemail at least 3 times just to get a good laugh
So when explaining to Pink what day my flight was on and talking about how excited I was to go home he informed me that I had the date wrong (go figure) I come home Tuesday not Monday...haha
This week during camp has been so much more calm and less stressful...so far 0 parents have called and it has been great...there have been no lines in the cafeteria and there are no other camps here...plus this camp is all girls and they are all on teams so there is no drama with campers...(so far)
Drew's dog Socrates got here today and we took him down to the river to let him jump in for a swim. He's a white lab and soo pretty.
I'm so torn that this summer is coming to an end...it's ending on a super high note but sad to go back to reality but also excited to see my family and friends when I get back and have about a week before school starts.
Hopefully I will get another blog in before this amazing journey comes to an end but for now I must got pick up the campers Pizza!


Peace and Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment