Tuesday, August 2, 2011

LAST STOP

We have arrived at our last destination for the summer! Crazy to think that this summer is almost over. It has flown by.  We are now currently in the middle of nowhere, Mass. We are at a high school boarding school called Mt. Hermon in Northfield, Mass.  There are two huge dorms because this is the largest camp of the summer. There are about 230 campers at this site so the rooming situation was a struggle to say the least.  After our last hooraaa at Colgate

Me and Julia at the Hour Glass in Hamilton NY


we packed up our things and headed to Northfield. We had a pit stop in Wethersfield, Conn (where I started my journey). Bobby and I stayed at Doody's house for the night, and after meeting a few of his friends and eating Village pizza I was in bed by midnight.  It was the first time in a long time I was able to sleep in my own room with a queen size bed and air conditioning. By mid morning Bobby and I started working on the rooming/living situation and never stopped till the next day.  The whole day was spent erasing names, erasing rooms, redoing the whole list...but at least we were not in a dorm doing this. By 3:00 we were wiped out from staring at the same sheet for 6 hours straight. Our break was when Doody's parents fixed us Lobster and an amazing meal on top of that. We then were on our way to Mt. Hermon, it's about an hour away, in the middle of nowhere and there is barely any cell service, no air conditioning (except the 2nd floor apt where some of the staff is) but nothing different than any other camps....positive note is the food here is excellent!

On top of all the chaos that happens with registration day and pre registration day I lost my voice and thought I was getting sick so I wasn't able to answer the camp phone (tear) and needless to say I was struggling...ha so yesterday after realizing that this sickness wasn't going away I drive myself to an urgent care and the Dr. tells me I have bronchitis and a sinus infection...AWESOME. After some antibiotics and a good night of sleep I am feeling much better and my voice is slowly coming back

There is a new addition to Lord DiCicco's Owl collection that we found in front of Doody's yard. It's just as ugly as the old one...maybe uglier and scarier.

This camp is so big that each program is on their own field




, so I get to drive around in a huge F150 truck (I feel like I'm in the  south driving this massive truck and of course listening to country music with the windows down) around to all the fields making sure they have enough equipment, or giving them bug spray...etc
We have also had problems with bats...we have had to call campus safety at least 3 times because bats have flown into someone's room and they have to catch the bat with a net.

Bobby has ditched me this week to be a stupid fieldplayer staff so it's basically just me now.
Amy-i bought the stick on nail polish and I have the pink sparkly ones on now....girly points?
JJ-there is a six flags here I'm contemplating going there by myself since you are not here with me
Mom- I have a request for your blueberry muffins again
Soccer girls-have fun at preseason without me...enjoy the beep test ...i will be thinking about y'all :)

Would You Claim them as friends?
Peace and Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment