Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the final kick

I should probably be working right now but I realized I haven't blogged in a few days and I didn't know how much time I would get to blog before I leave to go home..............ahhhhhh I'm so excited to go home!!! :)
So here are a list of events and stories that have happened in the past couple of days
After Boston we all just "hooted with the owls" on Sat after an amazing cook out and then jumped in the river, went on a few golf cart trails (one entailing Julia and I get lost on a trail for a good 30 min) setting up registration and then the week has flown by since then....well sort of
Monday might have been the longest day of the summer (which then turned into Tuesday) a few times during the day I just shut the camp store and put my head down.....I'm drained but just want to get through the next week. After a long day ( I can't even remember what went on during the day) we have our pizza and staff meeting and when Julia and I are finishing up doing room checks and lights out I find out I have to take a kid to the hospital for a stomach ache....murrrr here is an hour by hour of what happened
midnight-leave for the hospital
1230-make it into a room where the nurse draws his blood and writes down his information
1-here screaming noises from an abused patient in the room next  to us about her bruised ribs and chest and her arm (she then starts yelling at the nurses)
we also are watching the documentary on how osama was killed for 1 hour by now
2-Dr, who looks like he is 14, walks in and tells him to drink some drink to make his stomach feel better
230 fall asleep on 2 chairs, wake up to drunk patients walking into every ones rooms and nurses chasing them around
3 still sleeping on two chairs, nurse finally gives both of us blankets because we were shivering in the room
4 Dr and Nurse come back to tell us that they didn't see anything wrong with him
415 go back to sleep in the chairs as we wait for the discharge papers
445 finally get the papers and leave with the same problem we had going in...a stomach ache
5 go to cvs to get some otc medicine
515 drive back just in time to see the sunrise
530 go to sleep
walking zombie the rest of the day...but life is good! :)
We have about 96 campers coming in for the team camp and no idea how many are staying for staff because a majority of the staff are leaving for preseason or going back to their normal lives so who knows what is going to happen! (maybe I will get to be a staff coach...haha)
The camp store is still going strong...Ziggy (legendary soccerplus staff coach) comes in about every 30 minutes looking at gloves and reorganizing the whole entire glove selection, and i have unlocked at least 30 rooms this week.
The last Wednesday pressure training was this morning. Now everyone is either writing evals or napping while I get to sit in the camp store and sell stuff and blog!

Crazy to think that this time next week I will be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can't tell I'm so excited











No comments:

Post a Comment