Monday, June 13, 2011

BUDGET

So the past few days have been very hectic and I have no time to blog...so sorry (i know this is what you live for everyday :) sike) Anyways so the past events that have happened were
1)Driving the budget van 12 hours from Wethersfield Conneticuit to Deleware Ohio
2) Beginning of Camp

But I need to be brief because I have a session coming up in a little that I need to go to. So after unpacking half my suitcase and leaving it in a box at the DiCicco's house I'm all packed up and ready to go.
Drew and I load the Budget Van and head west for Deleware after a few glitches and many laughs we eventually find a Radio Shack to get an aux cord so we can Jam to an ipod instead of the radio.
The drive was long but entertaining we shared a few laughs and good stories about life...then we stopped at a random rest stop in Intercourse Pennsylvania...yikes this place was hilarious ( i should have taken a pic) and now it was my turn to drive so 30 minutes in mother nature decides to give me a true test when it begins to terrential downpour and there is construction driving thru skinny little lanes with concrete walls on both sides...scary! But 12 hours later we make it to Deleware meet some of the staffers and head to bed.
We got to sleep in yesterday because camp didn't start till 3 (check in) so we just made sure everything was set for registration....it ran smoothly and campers checked in and it was time to hit the ground running after we set up the field talked to the campers and sent their parents away we eat dinner, which I must say is pretty dang good(might beat Samfords cafeteria) we head to training session where Bobby (the other intern with me) fill up the water jugs and actually get to scrimmage at the end with  the keepers which was awesome/embarrassing bc I have not played soccer in forever....anyways we come back shower and they head to meetings while I attempted to get on here and blog but failed so end up hanging out and watching the NBA finals and "chillin" (yes Amy no G just for you)
This morning I decided to wake up for breakfast which I guess as an admin intern I don't really have to do and have less responsibility in a way bcs staff takes care of the kids but I decided to go anyways and find one of our campers sick instead so I go help her out and get our trainer and figure out the situation..finally get some food and coffee and now were on to the next training session.
The staff is awesome and so fun..it's a small camp so it's a small staff but so far so good...everyone gets along and its been quite an experience and just adjusting to the tasks that I need to do so I must run but until next time....

I will try and posts some pics later on today!

LOVE LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment