Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Living With a Legend

I think it hit me today...I realized this is real life...I will be away from my friends and family for the longest time I think ever to be apart. But I know there will be plenty of opportunities to meet new people to call my temporarily family and to make new friends while I am on my "tour" of soccerplus camps.
Today I woke up (oh p.s the place I sleep is down in the basement, we call it the cave and it's pitch black dark when I turn the lights off bcs there are no windows so I could sleep for daysss in the CAVE) and had no idea what the plan was but just decided to roll with it...found Nick and Drew upstairs eating breakfast and after running a few errands we go to the office to begin helping out with more phone calls and getting organized for the camps. Today was pretty stressful/overwhelming for me because I'm new and do not know where anything is or what means what...and I hate asking a million questions to others when they look busy and seem like the questions I ask are so easy to figure out as if I should know that already....after sucking it up and tip toeing into some offices and asking for some help I get started on filling out all the packets and checklists for all the camps this summer...PTL Elyse (a worker still in high school that knew everything) came in and helped me till Nick and I had to take Drew to the airport.  By this time its 430 so we just go home and eat some leftover DELICIOUS birthday cake and talk about playing soccer in college. Then Mr. and Mrs. DiCicco come home with dinner and we all sit down and have a nice family (i like to think I'm part of this awesome family for this week) dinner. It still hasn't really set in that I get to sit across the table from this man that I have looked up to in soccer for so long...and he's so down to earth and chill it's surreal.
After dinner we all just sit around talking about his previous game and chat about every day normal life. He asked what kind of player I was...i said a girl that thinks she is 10ft tall but really is the shortest girl on the field but thinks she can win every single air ball and slide tackle every single ball...he laughed

After watching spice world then the sandlot while doing insanity at the same time (multitasking doesn't really work on those 2)
I went upstairs and watched the US Canada Game where Dempsey scored a sickkk goal. I couldn't help but think I am watching this game with the best Coach ever and he knows all these people playing...I was just waiting for some commentator to say something about him and I could be like I'm sitting on the same couch as him right now!!!
He has been such a huge person to look up to when it comes to soccer.
I think my mom is the most jealous of my internship this summer...she calls and texts me I dunno how many times a day (I love it of course) and I think she is even baking her famous blueberry muffins because she thinks she is so special (haha just kidding mom..get those muffins up here asap)

In the end I just want to shout out to Linda she is going thru chemo treatment right now and has been so strong thru it and she is such a special woman in my life.  my aunt mary (great grea aunty) who passed away earlier this year and Linda (her daughter)
Linda(far left) Me, Grams, Amy, Aunt Mary (right of amy)

 have spent every single christmas with us with us since I can remember and the Shaffer family has so many special memories of both of them. Please keep her in your prayers and pray for strenght and healing as she goes thru this extremely difficult time. (Linda if you read this, I think about you everyday and love you so much :) stay strong)

Peace and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment