Saturday, June 4, 2011

DAY 1...complete

Today was technically my first day on the job....kinda :)
I woke up at 430 for my 6am flight out of bham, of course my bag weighed more than 50lbs so I had to stuff my hair dryer and some shoes into my purse and carry on and after about 5 minutes of re-weighing my suitcase the man gave up and said, "well at least you tried" ha so still being over 50 lbs i check my bag and board the plane...a few naps, and connecting flights later I'm in Providence, RI airport where I am picked up by the camp director and his yellow lab puppy...(replacement of Jack my puppy at home for the summer/?) and we head to the tailgate for the US vs Spain Mens Soccer game which was played in the New England's Patriots stadium...after meeting tons of people at the tail gate and making new friends we head to the game (oh and ps I got to meet and chat with Tony DiCicco who is big time in women's soccer...just google him) so we head to the game and our seats are at the very top so we naturally sprint up the ramp all the way to the top to see the kick off...we got wooped by Spain but it was still awesome to be in such a neat enviornment.
After the game I was wiped out and frozen from sitting in the shade during the game so I hopped on one of the buses  to take us back to Conneticut to go back to where I was staying for tonight? a couple days?  I dunno i'm jsut going with it :) Ate some of the best pizza ever and swamped from an awesome first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment