Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hoot with the Owls...Soar with the Eagles

This week already has been a blast. Every camp is different. Different kids, different staff, different places (obviously), different problems, different duties.
My eyes started twitching today though because they were so exhausted haha
I cannot wait to go to start our road trip...we just found out we are going to stay a few extra days because Clara, my roomie this week, has a house up there so were staying with her for a few days.
The past couple days have been fun but more difficult then the past couple of weeks just because I am on my own now without my partner, Bobby....and I now have more responsibilities which is an awesome experience to learn new things but just stressful at times when I'm handed multiple things at once.
I haven't been able to do much coaching this week but what I have done has been awesome. Today we worked on 1v1's and it brought back memories of good ol' competition days (for those of you that know what that is)
I think I get the award for the # of hospital runs in two weeks..I'm rounding out with 6! I took my sixth camper run to the hospital today and after my GPS took me to literally the middle of a cornfield we found the hospital.
I can't think of anything else exciting that has happened beside those stories.
Some of the campers are hilarious..one boy has ADHD and cannot sit still during lectures. Last night he was fidgeting the whole time and then made an origami frog out of his notebook, he then tore off the cover of his notebook...but he rocks at soccer (he's only 10)
Two other little girls (cutest little girls at camp) walk around attatched at the hip. One has her dad's iPad and they watch this awful show...title sounds cute but I watched an episode and it basically is all about these little animals being killed (it's a cartoon) but so ridiculous.
The Women's World Cup was on today and it was so cool to see Tony DiCicco on  TV when just two weeks ago I was living at his house and eating across the dinner table from him...CRAZY!


On to the next day...lots of love :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment