Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lucky Number 4?

Guess what I go to do today?
My fourth hospital run....I walk in with one of the campers and they look at me and say what are you doing to these kids they are dropping like flies at your camp...I said I'm just the driver...It did help that the nurse could definitely be an actor in Grey's Anatomy...McDreamy's replacement maybe??
So that was my morning...instead of attending pressure training..which I was going to help show demonstrations with the field players and help coach (which I was excited about because this group is such a fun group to work with) I drove a camper to the hospital which is literally walking distance from our dorm.  After we left we went ot the fields and I snapped a few photos for the website of the keepers doing pressure training which was intense but so neat to see campers working the hardest they have probably ever worked in their lives.
Since that was such an intense training session there was an extra long break between the next session so we ate lunch and right when I layed my head down on my pillow I am called to run an errand,


Bobby and I have to drive the Uhaul back to the Uhaul place after realizing that we might wanna check the back of the van and of course Drew's mattress and bed frame were back there

 so we drove back and dropped off the stuff in the budget truck...so that was in place of my nap. Then I helped with some campers out with laundry and then it was time for the second session. This session was really fun, I got to jump in and play/coach. Chelsea one of the staffers that was actually the admin from last summer was my partner in the game called horseshoe and you basically serve a ball to your partner 15yds and they receive it, one touch, and try and place it as close as you can to the cone...we lost in the championship round but it was a fun game!
Then it was time for dinner so after dinner and the last training session we came back and finished watching the rest of the US Panama game and then helped with the lecture that campers have to go to everynight. 

We set up in a classroom with a projector so we could watch soccer videos on youtube and the field players all get a long so well they have such a little bond already...they call
Drew-Papa Drew
Chelsea-Momma Chelsea
Me-Aunt Kelly
Bobby-Grandpa
Ben-Uncle Ben

Anyways at lecture we had fun watching videos and hanging out and laughing...oh and this is a picture of Dori...

Oh and another kid was locked out of his room today...thank goodness this kid was the one camper that stacked his room with snaxks i mean like at least 50 gatorade bottles and every single snack you can imagine so we did a little switcharoo...a snack and gatorade for an unlocked door.

Were about to have our nightly meeting and i will work on getting the staff "bios" on here soon

No comments:

Post a Comment