Monday, June 20, 2011

SHEESH!

SHEESH
That is the slang that the staff has caught onto thanks to Bobby...it started last week in Ohio and has stuck ever since...it's basically like saying geez or oh my gosh or just add it at the end of your sentence..sheesh
So I have not been able to blog in a few days because we have been traveling and have not had internet until today so I have lots to catch you up on.
So I believe last time I blogged we were still in Ohio and finishing up on the last few days of camp which went really well. The only stressful part was finding a printer to print the campers evaluations in color and after a several hours of proof reading, converting docs from macs to PDFs and finding a printer it all worked out and things were accomplished! It was then time for the campers to pack up and go home. It's crazy how much you get to know the kids after one week.  By the end of the week I knew at least over half of the kids names and I wasn't even their coach. But that week of camp was so much fun and a good  week to get adjusted and into the swing of things. We also got to jump in on a staff vs camper game of star wars which is basically one of the most fun games ever and we of course dominated!


 But then we got to scrimmage again too and it was so much to play again.
So were all packed up loaded the budget and ready for the drive to PA I was fortunate enough to ride in the car with two other people on Staff to PA and we jammed/slept the whole way there not to mention this picture was tweeted to all soccerplus followers...thanks guys


So Julia Kellen and I make it to Bloomsburg before anyone else so we get settled in our temporary rooms (obviously finding the ones with AC) and just hang the rest of the night in the dorms, however all my bags were in the budget so paper towels had to work as my towel for the shower haha the budget finally arrived at midnight and we got our stuff and went to bed. In the morning we go to a place to do our laundry and grab a bagel and coffee at this really good cafe that made all types of homeade cream cheeses.

After laundry we have a meeting for camp staff and go grab dinner and hang at this really neat place downtown, we come back and laugh and tell stories about last weeks camp. The staff is bigger this week because there are more campers but it's still a really fun and awesome group.  So now it was sunday and its the day of registration which is the most important day for admins because we are in charge of making sure everything was running smoothly.  After multiple trips to lowes, wal mart, dollar general, and the laundromat registration is done with a few bumps and camp 2 of 10 has begun. There is a field player camp this week so Drew is letting Bobby and I jump in and help coach some of the sessions when we are not running errands. So so far I have helped coach one session and then been the photographer for the session yesterday. The only chaos there has been has been a lack of communication and not being relayed the information but it's a learning process so everything is coming together.
I got to pick up a new staffer at the air port and found out he was from South Carolina so I found someone here that also listens to country so the 45 min drive back was jamming to country music and telling funny stories of "stereotypes" of the south.
The dorms here are community showers so that always is a fun time...NOT
I am also in charge of unlocking campers doors when they get locked out because I have a master key. A few boys just came up and asked to unlock their room so I made them do 10 pushups for forgetting their key!
Hhaha but still going strong, still learnign new  things...OHHH and this is something I learned today it's a type of egg..it's a purple hard boiled egg which i guess is soaked in beet juice but tastes like there are pickles in there too...I dunno..hah i tried one and it's not bad just really different and definitely taken back by the color


Here are some pictures from last week that I was able to upload from my phone to my computer...



This was my desk I worked at in conn. for a week before camp started at SoccerPlus


This is just a video of a demo that the campers go through during pressure training


And this is a picture from the first session in Bloomsburg
And I have been able to help out coaching on top of being a photographer...I helped with the field players today and we scrimmaged boys vs girls and I was so exhausted after it!
My next plans are to give you a hilarious bio about all the staff that I will be with this summer!
Working on it...sheesh
 

 

Well On to the next session!

Peace and Blessings haha

2 comments:

  1. Those eggs are called pickled eggs. Ask your dad about them because our Nana used to make them for Easter!! I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete