Monday, June 13, 2011

KELLABAMA

So I'm the only person up here from the "south"...I don't include Texas as the south and have gotten a lot of "crap/tease" for it already
ex. Do you guys even know what that is in alabama?
me: No we don't have electricity...we pump our own water...and we ride to school in buggies
Put some duck tape on it...you're a pro at that since you are from alabama
I learned today that there are technically rednecks up north but they are called hoosiers apparently
But so far so good...I've loved it here so far minus a few little bumps in the road
The past two days have worn me out but I really have enjoyed being out here...PS I'm in Deleware, Ohio at Ohio Weslyean University and were staying in dorms
But I do get my own room...the other bed just has all my clothes on it!

Yes those are 101 dalmation sheets
and I'm staying in the RA room so my room is much bigger and has it's own shower so that has been nice for me.  There are two other camps going on at the same time as SoccerPlus....there is a Lacrosse Camp with a million little boys running around everywhere...they all look and act like my brother...super fratty and high nike socks with flat bills and ...you know the jist...and then the other camp is a camp for twirlers and they are DRAMATIC! they made signs and put them up in our halls to stay off halls 2 and 3 because that is where they are staying andwere not allowed...blah blah blah

Funny story about the twilrers(baton/majorettes)
Registration was on Sunday and Lisa one of the soccerplus staff started all of this....we would all go up to a little Lacross boy and ask "Oh are you here for the twirling camp?" They would look at us funny and walk away feeling really and embarassed and she would say "yea me either" probably have to be there for this story to be funny because the faces of these kids were priceless

Another story that is ridiculous/gross is our campers, we only have 38, so it's a small camp are all on floors 4 and 5 so we have to take the hike up and down the stairs and this morning I think (but not sure who it was) one of the soccer players after breakfast threw up on the 3rd floor(twirlers floor) stairway...no one picked/or cleaned it up until after  lunch so it sat there for at least 4 1/2 hours and everyone just hopped over it!

Since camp has started Bobby (the other intern) and I have just been running errands, being the photographer, getting water, runnign more errands, answering phones, getting pizza, getting whistles at walmart, coordinating with others to make sure everything is set and in orger and running smoothly...so were kinda the glue but this camp is so small compared to the others that this is a nice "chill" week for Bobby and I to get adjusted and accomodated. So even though it's been crazy at sometimes we have always been able to resolve the issue and everything is good to go.

We bargained Marco's pizza down to 6.50/lg pizza and were able to take orders for the kids tonight for their "4th meal" since we eat dinner at 445 everyday so around 9 10 the kids are starving after three hard training sessions in one day.

 BTW's I got to scrimmage yesterday and I was rusty but it was so much fun...I forgot what it was like to just play for fun and not have any worries if you are going to get yanked from the field for making one mistake so that was a good memory to relive...good ole camp days when everyone was there because they loved soccer and wanted to get better.

Well I'm out for tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment